Cyber Smart Week 2021 - Help New Zealanders Cyber Up this October
The bots are back with simple security steps for Cyber Smart Week 2021 (18 – 24 October). The primary goal of this year's campaign is to empower all New Zealanders to step up their online security so they’re less vulnerable to cyber attacks. We need the help of businesses and organisations to encourage all of Aotearoa to Cyber Up this October with four easy and actionable steps that are known to improve online security.
Cyber Up with these four simple steps:
Get on board
We really value your support. Your participation is vital to the success of the campaign, and ultimately in helping New Zealanders better protect against cyber security threats.
Supporting the campaign is totally free and comes with access to our easy-to-use Cyber Smart Week Partner Pack. It’s full of fun and colourful materials for you to share across your channels with your staff, customers and networks and encourage them cyber up.
By combining our efforts, we’re able to reach millions of New Zealanders with Cyber Smart messages and practical, actionable cyber security advice.
Here are some ideas on how to get involved:
- Spread the word: Share the Cyber Smart Week resources in your social media channels, newsletters, blogs, websites and intranet.
- Run a workshop or presentation: Cyber security seems daunting to many people. Get your staff or customers together and demonstrate how easy it is for them to step up their cyber defence. You could encourage your employees to upgrade their cyber security by using long, strong and unique passwords or show them how 2FA works.
- Start a conversation: Share what you’ve been doing to step up your cyber defence using the hashtag #CyberSmartWeek #CyberUPnz
- a social media pack
- web tiles
- digital banners
- email signature
Other CERT NZ resources
These additional resources may also be useful in supporting your activities and events:
- Top tips for cyber security info resource [PDF, 408 KB]
- Protect your business online info resource [PDF, 159 KB]
- Create a strong password info resource [PDF, 192 KB]
- Two-factor authentication resource [PDF, 61 KB]
Stay up-to-date with all things Cyber Smart Week with CERT NZ social channels and feel free to share our posts.